Delayed in Christchurch

 0-19-22



Another day another hotel. The backlog of people in Christchurch continues to grow with more and more people flying in and no one flying out. Hotels in town are jammed packed and finding rooms for us is becoming increasingly difficult. After much waiting this morning, and literally standing on the curb outside last night’s hotel with our bags, we finally received marching orders to our hotel for tonight’s stay. Our lodging for tonight is at the BreakFree Hotel in downtown Christchurch. This is exciting for me because I have never been in Christchurch long enough to visit the downtown area. I spent several hours exploring downtown Christchurch and found it to be quite beautiful. My room for the night is by far the smallest hotel room I’ve ever stayed in. If I stretch my arms out, I can almost reach from one side to the other in both directions. Basically, I have a full-size bed a bathroom area and just enough floor space to turn around in. I’m scheduled to fly again tomorrow morning early and the weather at McMurdo looks like it might even cooperate!

As much as I’ve enjoyed my stay in Christchurch I’m ready to get to The Ice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut