A Holding Pattern

 10-18-22

Another day in the holding pattern is how I’d sum up the day. Because we hadn’t been screened in a couple of days, we had to Covid screen again. You’ll be glad to know I screened negative! Then more waiting was in order because all the nearby hotels were sold out, so the Antarctic folks were scrambling to find beds for all of us for the night. In the end it meant a hotel change for me which was a shuttle ride from the airport. It’s a pretty little boutique hotel and the folks here are very nice and accommodating. Just after we checked in the rain started coming down in buckets. Room service tonight is in order. We are scheduled to fly with the New Zealand Air Force again tomorrow on their B-757. If all goes well and there are no weather problems I could be on The Ice by early tomorrow afternoon. By the way, I forgot to tell you that the New Zealand Air Force provides snack and beverage service on the plane just like a full-service airline. My how things have changed from my first trip to The Ice. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope tomorrow I’m talking to you from Antarctica.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut