Normalcy

 10-28-2022

Where has the time gone? October is almost gone, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I’m almost done with training, and we got our first duty schedule today that extends through November. The sun has been up 24 hours a day since the 24th of October and the funny thing is it seems normal. I have some midnight shifts coming up in November in the Tower so it will be interesting to see how my body responds to sunlight in the middle of the night.

I’m really looking forward to being on a regular schedule because it frees me up to start exercising and walking along the shoreline that borders the base. I haven’t seen any wildlife yet although I’ve talked to people who have seen both penguins and seals. It will be a month before the Killer whales and Minke whales show up.

I spent a little time in the library last night. It has grown in size significantly since the last time I was here and surprisingly the library was full of people reading books the old-fashioned way. It was very peaceful and quiet. It was  a nice place to spend time.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut