Science Question


 11-13-2022

Scientist friends can you help me with this; The sun stays at the same elevation above the horizon all day this time of year. I see that visually with my eyes not using an instrument. The interesting thing is in the evening about 7:00 the temperature starts to fall and continues to fall throughout the night. In the morning the temperature begins to rise. It’s a mystery to me why that happens.


We now have a Catholic Priest on station. He will be here for the next 3 weeks then he returns to his home parish in Oxnard, CA. Very nice man. He sat with me at brunch, and we had a really nice conversation. I’ve included some pictures of plaques inside the Chapel.


After lunch I went back to my room to take a nap. On the evening shifts I don’t get to bed until real midnight (as opposed to 9:00 pm midnight in the villages). My natural body clock gets me up at 6:00 am so after 6 days I’m lacking a little in sleep. Sunday is always a nice day of rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut