“Great Thanksgiving Meal”

 11-26-2022

                                            Family, friends and Thanksgiving Dinner. It’s                     
Saturday after Thanksgiving here but it’s the day of the  


“Great Thanksgiving Meal”.

This event has been going on for longer than I have been here. It’s the reason some people come here, and it never fails to impress. It’s the same comfort food you eat with your family and friends with a twist, we are all working in Antarctica. 

My family at home are always taking pictures of meals they like so I’m including a picture of my meal today. I didn’t go to breakfast or lunch today. I needed to save up room and I used all the room I saved. 

We are within a few days of the half-way point here and some of our new friends and coworkers are already headed home. Most for routine rotation for full timers who work in South Carolina. 

One of the interesting twists on the dinner is that volunteers work in the galley so the people who normally work there can enjoy a meal without the prep, service and cleanup that they do every day. They, including the chefs, are also recognized by a standing ovation from all of us, the happy recipients of their daily toils. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut