Hello...Dentist Please!!!


 OUCH!! I was brushing my teeth this morning, normal so far, and then a piece of a tooth broke off, definitely not normal. The good news is no pain ensued but there was definitely a sharp edge that the back of my tongue was rubbing on. I called the medical clinic, and they got me right in. The dentist (an emergency room dental PA) said I’d broken off about a quarter of a lower wisdom tooth. My options were to let him rebuild the tooth or fly to Christchurch for treatment in a dental clinic. After some discussion I was convinced that having it repaired here was my best option, so I gave Mike the go-ahead. It was tricky because of its location, and I had to assist a couple of times getting my cheek out of the way. We even called in a flight nurse (who was from Eden Prairie, Minnesota) to work the suction and keep my tongue out of the way. I know, I know cut to the chase already! The procedure was a success and I’m confident I won’t need to leave the Ice before my time is due. Mike did say I’ll get a follow-up appointment with the “real” dentist in January. Well, I’m off to work.

NOT BILL'S TOOTH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut