Midway Thru the Season?!?!?!?

 11-16-2022

My view at the Control Tower


Today is my last day in the tower for a couple of weeks. I’ll be in town looking at a bank of computers instead of looking at the Royal Society Mountains, Mt Erebus, Mt Terror and the Ross Glacier that extends as far as the eye can see, flat as the ocean and white as snow (oh yeah, it is snow). Sorry I’m a dad so I get to drop dad jokes every now and then.

We’re about midway through the season and I’m looking forward to listening to Christmas music Deni downloaded some for me before I left. I know it’s probably all over the radio right now, but it brightens up the season.

 We have a restroom facility outside the tower kind of like what you’d run into at a campground except there is no running source of water. What we do have is a large (about the size of a dump truck bed) warmer outside of the building. Every night a front-end loader dumps snow into the warmer. The warmer performs its magic and just like that we have a source of water for the restrooms for the day. We aren’t supposed to drink it because it’s “brown” water, but you’d never know it by looking at it. What I haven’t figured out yet is what happens when you push the flush handle. (I know YUK right) but it has to go somewhere!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut