Rationing is Alive on the Ice

 11-8-2022

We have a rationing system in the little store for all alcohol, flavored waters and sodas. You get 3 points per week and once you’ve used them, you’re done until Sunday when you get 3 more points. It’s not so much a supply issue as it is they don’t want you over-imbibing.

 

I thought I’d share with you some pictures from my shuttle bus stop. When I work at the tower, I ride a shuttle in both directions. The bus stop is known as “Derelict Junction”. I’m not really sure why but it’s been like that ever since I first came here in 2006. When the weather is super cold, relatively speaking, we can use the orange shelter. It has a door like an old-fashioned refrigerator. When you go inside you can use the voice box to call for help if the weather turns bad. Good luck with that!! The shuttle drivers are very friendly and do their best to get to know everyone. My first trip here I met a guy everyone called “shuttle Bill”. I’ve heard he retired a couple of years ago. He was so well loved for his many years of experience that they had a T-shirt made in his honor. He was very pleased, and the T-shirts sold out the day they hit the store. I’m not sure if he received the proceeds or not. Inside the refrigerator shelter is a picture of a penguin. The picture says it all.

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut