Clockwise or Counter Clockwise?


 12-20-2022

 

Before I forget to tell you, the sun moves around the horizon…..wait for it…..in a counterclockwise (right to left) direction. And it’s true the flush water in the toilets turns in the opposite direction from the northern hemisphere. By the way tomorrow, December 21, is our longest day of the year. Soon the sun will begin its descent back below the horizon. For now, we are enjoying sunny relatively warm weather.

 I can’t explain why, but lately I’ve had a high energy level. Along with that I’m feeling positive about my life here. I’m also happily looking forward to my return to family and friends! I had a nice text chat with my first air traffic control trainer from Japan this afternoon. I’m happy to say we have remained friends for more than 50 years and it’s always a pleasure to talk with him.

Ross Island Yacht Club pennant on the left.
 Finally, I’ve been a card-carrying member of the Ross Island Yacht Club since my first trip here. The club has had three meetings since I’ve been here and each day, I’ve been on an evening shift, so I haven’t been able to attend a single meeting. A friend is presenting at the club meeting tonight talking about her life on sailboats. She tells me she even crewed on a Pirate Ship once. Sure wish I could be there tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut