Comfort Food


 12-28-2022

Fun stuff…At dinner last night.  They served a rhubarb mango cake. It tasted great and made me smile as I thought of my sisters Nancy and Barb (who reads the blog every day, Hi Barb). Nancy makes a great rhubarb cake and Barb supplies me with all the rhubarb I can eat every summer when I visit them.

 It was also a comfort food night. They had a macaroni and cheese bar. They provided the basic Mac and Cheese with bow tie pasta and then provided all the toppings you can imagine for dressing it up. Today at lunch they served grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. It was a perfect meal for a cold day.

Speaking of a cold day, we experienced a sight I’ve only seen once before in my three trips to the Ice. The wind was howling between 20 and 35 knots and a light snow started to fall. The snow was made up of tiny flakes that were widely spaced. The wind stirred them in all directions unlike drifting or blowing snow that generally flows in one direction. The beauty of it was that each flake looked like a diamond floating in mid-air. It was fairy tale like as I walked through the three-dimensional beauty of it all.

Comments

  1. Hi Bill. Next time you want snow and cold we have it at the lake and it’s much closer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut