More Demolition

 12-2-2020

Are you kidding me??? The day before yesterday was summer. Today it’s winter again. No snow just cold temperature and very gusty winds coming down from the Pole. To be exact it’s called a catabatic wind. It begins 10,000 feet above sea level at the South Pole and tumbles downhill towards McMurdo picking up speed as it goes. By the time it gets to us a sea level it’s really howling. Anyway, it makes me happy that I’m an indoor worker!

The demolition of Dorm 203 continues. As I was watching it come down, I was thinking how I’m drawn to the razing of buildings. When I was Chicago, several years ago, our apartment had a great view of the old Sun Times Building. It was being torn down to make space for the new Trump Tower. While this is a mini version of that I still find it fascinating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut