End of Midnight Shifts


 12-18-2022

Well, I found map of the rail system in Antarctica. I hope you like it as much as I did. I also took a quick hike to Hut Point after lunch today to check on the seals. They are still sunbathing and now an area of water about a wide as a creek has opened in the sound so that they have sun and food available without needing to travel far. Life is good!

Since Sunday is odds and ends day, I snapped a picture of a small science shelter. I thought the note on the door was funny. I also found a spot where a Skua had molted. It’s a little hard to see in the picture but there are hundreds of tiny white feathers.


I finished my week of midnight shifts this morning. They are very peaceful but apart from catching up on emails there’s not much to do and they really throw your sleep patterns off. I’m looking forward to a good night sleep tonight. One last note. The guy I relieved last night was working on his personal laptop when I relieved him. He said he was looking at flights going home. Maybe it was a little early but It's an indication of what people are thinking. I must say I’m with him. It has been interesting but I’m ready to start checking on flights myself.

Comments

  1. A BIG HELLO Bill 👋 from Larry & Lynn Puccio !always a JOY to receive your Christmas card & information every year! Surprised to hear you went back to the “ Ice Tundra”! 🥶😶‍🌫️We have read every one of your blogs, very interesting & beautiful. When I, personally think of Antarctica I remember the movie “ The Thing”, starring Kurt Russell & the frozen monster that the expedition discovered in the ice …..YIKES it still scares me 😬 we are doing well just getting more aches & pains as time goes by so that’s what they call “ the Golden Years” ( yeah right) we are blessed in so many ways that’s for sure! Well, we will continue to follow your blog! Have a Merry Christmas 🎄 & enjoy the dinner they are preparing for all of you! You & Deni are in our thoughts & prayers for a hopeful 2023 & happy reunion with family! P.S. you write SO WELL think about writing a book about your Artic Adventures👍 Blessings & love to you ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut