Nice Day

 12-11-2022

Day off.. It’s Sunday again. I heard someone say this week, “the days go by slow, but the weeks go by fast”. I had to think about it a minute and now I agree. It’s like life, sometimes the days go by slowly, but the years go by fast. I can’t believe as I look back how quickly the years have flown by.

I started my day, as usual on Sunday, in the laundry room. Met my barber in front of the mirror in my room and got a shave and a haircut. No money changed hands but my cost per cut from my clippers went down again. Then it was off to church. The Catholic Priest left this week so I’m back to a non-denominational service. It’s interesting how services vary amongst religions. Following church, it was off to Sunday brunch and a Belgian waffle with Log Cabin maple syrup.


Arrival Heights
It was a nice day, so I took a hike up to Arrival Heights. It’s always a little chillier up there so I layered up and I was happy I did. I saw several skua’s nesting and flying in the area. I also saw something I didn’t expect to see. I saw a couple sunbathing! She was in a bikini, and he was in a knee length swimsuit. They were laying on a blanket spread over volcanic rock. I’ve been admonished about taking pictures without permission, so I don’t have any to show you, but it did make me chuckle. Shorts and short sleeve shirts can be seen everywhere now (not on me Mark) I’m still in a puffy coat!

Comments

  1. Just want you to know that I look forward to seeing what is going on with you. I’ve gotten hooked now and don’t miss a day.😊 Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut