Penguins and Dust


 2-21-2022

 Mission Penguin…..I heard a rumor circulating around town that a penguin had been sighted on the outskirts of town an Hut Point. How could I not take a hike to try to capture a picture of the little fella in his native surrounds. I climbed the treacherous 50 feet up to hut point to gain a better vantage point from which to view him. (The climb wasn’t really treacherous) I saw many a seal but nary a penguin was to be found. Apparently, the little fella heard I was on my way, and he vacated the premises.

 Conditions here a very dry and dusty this time of year. Unlike when the land in blanketed with snow. Picture an old spaghetti western, Clint Eastwood just stepped out of the saloon looking for the bad guy. As he steps down onto the street his spurs drag the ground with a clank and a puff of dust floats up and over his boot. That’s what it looked like as I walked out to see the penguin today (without the spurs of course). If you read this entire paragraph, without falling asleep, you may be entitled to compensation! Contact my HR department for further information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut