Flightline Ballet

1-24-2023 The flight line ballet….I watched two of our aircraft land tonight as I do many nights here but tonight I watched the flight line ballet unfold before me. By this time of the year all the dress rehearsals have been completed and everyone associated with unloading and servicing arriving aircraft operate like a well-oiled machine (I know it’s an old cliché) The radio traffic is also well rehearsed and executed. It’s a fun show to watch. I’ve included a picture of the aircraft and Ivan the Terra Bus to give you an idea of how big Ivan is. It’s the first vehicle most of us ride when we arrive and although she has many hours on her she still does a good job. Believe it or not there is a company in Canada that still makes this very specialized vehicle.
Tomorrow they are planning to move the Ice Bridge. I don’t believe that has ever been done before. I hope to have some pictures for you then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut