Geocaching on Antarctica!?!?!

1-13-2023 Another walk tonight and another score. I was hiking on arrival heights, and I got as far as the memorial tribute to the man Williams Field is named for. I always stand facing the memorial and usually take a picture with McMurdo in the background. For some reason tonight I walked past the memorial towards the cliff and looked back. At the base of the memorial was what on initial inspection looked like a Rubbermaid lunch box. It turned out to be a geocache (probably spelled that wrong). I was able to open it and inside there were several items people had left inside. There was also a small spiral notebook. I made an entry in the notebook and left a small sea star I found earlier on the walk. The star was long ago deceased. I’ve included a picture of the sea star (star fish) its legs are turned in but was probably the size of a silver dollar stretched out. Still no sign of the elusive penguins but I’m optimistic and will continue to look until I find the little critters.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut