Happy New Year!!


 1-1-2023

I didn’t… I made it to 11:45 and then went to bed so I didn’t witness the countdown to 2023.  I wish you the best of luck staying up tonight. I always say this, but I can’t believe another year has slipped away. I think I’ll quit looking at the chronological calendar and just keep track of how I physically feel and how I mentally feel. So physically I feel 40 and mentally I feel 18 (with experience)!



I walked around after brunch today. I walked in a different direction than I normally walk and took some pictures of things I normally would not see. I walked towards Scott Base (New Zealand’s base) and walked down to the ice edge in an area they call the pressure ridge. People who live on lakes up north are familiar with this effect and the ice is pushed up vertically by melting, freezing and water pressure. It creates some really cool ice sculptures. They’re a little hard to capture in photos but I’ll send one along. Tomorrow its back to work with about 50 days more or less left to go before I head home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut