News......


 1-5-23

News…..I was thinking about news yesterday when I got some news that we had been patiently waiting for. The news came in a routine email addressed to everyone here on station and it spread like wildfire! The news made me ponder for a minute; would it have spread faster had it been bad news. Moreover, what if it had been a juicy bit of gossip. 

Over the past few years, I have made a conscious decision to avoid broadcast news as much as I can. I find it mainly disheartening because it’s usually bad news that sells (particularly political news). That has been one of the pure joys of being here is rarely encountering outside news sources. Of course, you can go online and seek it out, but it rarely comes looking for you. Sadly, I’m mentally preparing myself for reexposure to all the bad that’s happening in the world and happy that I had this brief respite from it. 

Oh yeah, the news was we are no longer required to wear masks inside buildings anymore. I haven’t decided yet if I think that’s good or bad news, but it sure spread like wild fire around town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut