Observation Hill Photo

 1-8-2023

Brrrrr…..I hope you got a chance to see me on the live camera feed from Observation Hill (Ob Hill) today. It’s about a 30-minute walk to the camera and it was January North Dakota cold on the way there! The walk was up hill and into a 30-knot wind. I had everything working against me except the knee-deep snow. 


Deni captured a few pictures and sent me one. It’s kind of cool looking at a picture of myself taken in McMurdo and sent from Florida. The camera site is halfway up Ob Hill at the former location of the Navy’s nuclear power plant. The plant was dismantled long ago and only the foundation remains.

I’m excited to return to the control tower starting tomorrow and I’ll be there until the end of January. I’m always amazed how fast time flies in January. It’s been a great late life adventure but I’m ready to catch the big bird home.

Comments

  1. Read your post every day - love how you share information about how everything works as well as your personal experiences. Saw one of your golfing buddies the other day - I’m sure the gang will be glad to see you again and enjoy Happy Hour in the parking lot after your round - Cindy from the golf course (although when you get back I’m not working there anymore)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut