Ship Nathaniel B. Palmer

1-15-2023 It was a good day…. It all started last night when at dinner, a young man who drives me to the tower, came by my table and told me that Starlink had been activated. It turned out he was right and today, for the first time in 4 months I was able to see the faces and hear the voices of my wife, my two children and all five of my grandchildren. In addition, it was my son-in-law’s birthday. It was indeed a good day. Today also saw the arrival of our first ship of the season the Nathaniel B. Palmer. She’s a research vessel and is in town for a few days for fuel and R&R. It was fun watching her cut her way through the ice to get to and tie up at the Ice Pier. She did all the work while the Coast Guard ice breaker stood watch in the unlikely event help was needed. I also got an inside tour of Scott Hut (more about that tomorrow). The weather was beautiful, and I had the day off from work. It was a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut