The Ice Breaker has Come!!

 1-3-2023

The ice breaker is here! I was talking to a helicopter last night and shortly after he departed, he told me he just saw the ice breaker pulling up to the ice edge to begin his work. I believe it’s the USS Palmer a U. S. Coast Guard ship. The ice is thin this year (relatively speaking) so he should be able to open the ship channel in just a few days. Another ice breaker is also scheduled just in case a little extra help is needed. 

I was told earlier this week that we won’t get a tanker this year since they have enough storage capacity now to only require a tanker every other year. The good news is that we will get two supply ships. It’s kinda like Santa Claus coming to town. We, the regular folk, don’t have any idea what’s on the ships but it’s fun to speculate.

Most of yesterday’s snow has melted even the icicles have almost all melted but it sure was a pretty day.


I was in the gerbil gym this morning doing some yoga and I thought if you’re looking for a good exercise form for the new year that anyone can do give yoga a try. Classes are a good way to start but I started out using Wii yoga. Like any kind of exercise don’t push yourself too hard and listen to your body and only do what you can do!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut