What? a Webcam??


 1-6-2023


Bill in front of the webcam on our Saturday.
Video…. I was talking with my wife yesterday and she reminded me that you can watch a live video feed of McMurdo station Antarctica. There are three different cameras views you can watch. She told me what she saw, and I explained what she was looking at. We had a lot of fun with it. Then it occurred to us that she could see me live and in person if I positioned myself in the cameras view. As soon as I finish with the blog today, I’m taking a hike to find one of the cameras and if it looks like I can get my handsome face in front of it I’m going to do that next Sunday at 2:00 PM my time 8:00 pm EST. She is going to attach the link to this blog so you can see some of what I see every day. 
https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/mcmwebcam.cfm

 

In other news, the ice breaker continues the tedious process of opening a sea-lane into McMurdo. It is oddly mesmerizing watching him go back and forth in the sound. The seals seem disinterested in the ice breaker and continue their daily sunning. We’ve had no whale nor penguin sightings yet be we are on the lookout for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut