A Day of Lasts

 2-3-2023

Today was one of the “lasts”. It was my last day working in the “center” (the long-range air traffic control room). Starting Monday, I will be in the Control Tower until the end of the season and I’m very happy. It’s like the first place I ever controlled airplanes except that was in Japan.

 I wandered around after dinner tonight and took some pictures from behind the scenes that tourists don’t get to see. All the water lines run above ground so they must be heavily insulated against the cold. I got a shot of the Helo pad after the day’s operations including a couple of their operations offices. I thought you might like to see a poster for an upcoming band concert in the bar. Notice the picture of the Orca is the same one I shared with you this week. Last but not least, a picture of the sun sliding ever so much closer to the horizon as seen looking from town towards Hut Point.

 16 days to go or as we said in the Navy 15 and a wake-up.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut