Cold, Colder, Coldest

 2-16-2023

Cold, Colder, Coldest…It’s cold today and the wind is blowing hard. The sky is overcast, the wind chill is below zero. I think this is happening so when we get back to Christchurch we go “ahhhhhh, that’s nice”. I forgot to tell you yesterday, when that last C-130 left the South Pole yesterday that will be the final physical contact with the outside world for the winter over folks until mid-October 2023. I wonder what that feels like. I don’t want to find out!

Another small cruise ship pulled up by Hut Point this morning. They offloaded passengers on a Zodiac. You could see them hiking up arrival heights. I can tell you if it’s cold in town, it’s brutal up on the hills at arrival heights. 

I did a dry run on packing my suitcase this morning and everything fit. Yay! I think I’ll just leave it packed for the trip home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut