Weather Balloon with Our Names on It!

 2-1-2023

No worries… For those of you fretting about the penguins from yesterday, as far as I know they are okay and there’s no sign of the Orcas. What there was sight of today and last night is a small cruise ship. By cruise ship standards she looks small, maybe 500 people on board. Small as it is though, they have three helicopters. The location they chose to fly is very close to a frequently used refueling cache for our helicopters.  Ultimately, we were able to get them on a common frequency so we could exchange traffic with them.

On another front I checked off another item on my lifetime to do list. The nice folks at the weather station agreed to let me release a weather balloon. Not only was I able to release the balloon but I was also able to pen the names of all my grandchildren, their parents and Deni and I on the sensor hanging below the balloon. The room we inflated the balloon in was called the “pig” room. Nobody knew why it was called that, but I thought it was interesting. The weatherman videoed my release and in the final analysis the balloon launch was a success. Glenn, the weatherman even agreed to video the momentous event. I let the parents know about the release and sent them the video. It was fun!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cargo Ships and Whales

The Delta

Scott Hut